Friday, September 19, 2008

A House Divided

# 4 Florida vs. Tennessee
Saturday
3:30 CBS

I hate Florida. Ok, now its out in the open.

I grew up in Nashville so I am a big fan of Tennessee (and a fair weather fan of Vandy. Hey just being honest)

This is a big game for the Vols because Phil Fulmer's job SHOULD hang in the balance this season.

Not all that much should be put on this game. UT hopes should not be too high after that embarrassing loss to UCLA. Although, Arian Foster is an exciting and steady source of rushing yards and new QB Jonathan Crompton has a huge upside.

So UT shouldn't be seeking a win this weekend. But scaring the Gators is always a great thing.


My girlfriend is the Gators' fan. It makes zero sense because she can't name a single player that has ever played for Florida...ever. I think its a spite thing. All I know is that she likes to do that damn "gator chomp." She uses my agony as a cue for the chomping.


I know that the secondary of the Vols is pretty good. Eric Berry is a premier DB in college football and Rico McCoy is an underrated linebacker in that run stopping core.

I am just worried about the offense other than the running game of Foster and Hardesty. Time to prove yourself Crompton.

But how do the Vols matchup against their most bitter rival, the Gay-tors.

By: Jimmy Smith

What Do You Think Wade?

No comments: