Thursday, January 1, 2009

Punters Have Enough Free Time To Level Up Their Elves

I'm stuffed and the holidays are finally through, but the Internet doesn't sleep.

Chris Kluwe, punter of the playoff-bound Minnesota Vikings, is either a savvy businessman or a huge nerd.

According to the popular video game blog Kotaku Kluwe is pondering changing his name to Chris "World of Warcraft."

"Back when Chad Johnson changed his name to Ocho Cinco, I told the guys at 93X that I was going to change my name to Chris 'World of Warcraft' " Kluwe said. "They said that's too long. So they started calling me Chris 'Warcraft.' I could make a lot of money if I changed my name to that."

But it turns out that the punter feels that he is a video game expert. He says his radio show attracts more people that want him to talk gaming and not kicking.

"I think more people like to hear me talk about playing video games than football," said Kluwe. "I've played video games since I was 4 years old. I play them a lot more than I kick a football. I kick the ball about 45 minutes a day. I play video games about five or six hours a day. But that's OK. I don't watch TV."

The Vikings are just hoping the rest of Kluwe's teammates don't take on the names of their favorite video games.

Taravis "Benched for Old Man Pong" Jackson
Adrian "John Madden Fumble 2009" Peterson
Jared "Grand Theft Auto: Over the Limit-Under Arrest Edition" Allen

By: Jimmy Smith

No comments: